Communication, Leadership & Executive Coach for Creative professionals
As a coach specializing in helping creative professionals be their best and most effective selves, I know how passionate you already are. My goal is to help you unleash the power of your passions and strengths to help you be even better, and more fulfilled, at work.
I’ve spent the last 20 years developing, managing, and inspiring creative teams to do their best work. As an entrepreneur and a former agency leader, I know how creative agencies work and how to fix things when they don’t. I also enjoy helping creative professionals hone their communication and leadership skills so they can grow and succeed while remaining true to their authentic selves.
Here’s how I can help you
Every individual’s goals are different, and our discovery call will allow me to understand yours to ensure I’m the right fit to help. To give you an idea of how I’ve helped people in the past, here are some common topics and themes where coaching can help:
- Pitching ideas internally
- Presenting your work to small or large audiences (public speaking)
- Explaining your creative work well to boost likelihood of comprehension and stakeholder buy-in
- Communicating better with internal teams such as account services, editorial services, compliance, and senior management
- Crafting more effective internal communications like emails, and conducting better meetings in person or through technology
- Being more productive and effective in brainstorming sessions
- Communicating better with those you lead to ensure alignment and engagement
- Managing remote teams more effectively
- Positioning yourself as a trusted resource or thought-leader both internally and externally
- Building or refining your personal brand
- A confidential and devoted sounding board—for when you need to talk something out that’s happening at work, and get feedback on your approach to resolving or getting past an issue
Here are some of the things I typically hear when I meet new clients. Sound like you? I can help.
- I’m not getting the responses I expect from my email or other online communications with [insert person or team here].
- I feel like my education and experience in art, design, or content are being disrespected by people who think their experience trumps mine.
- I want to be more consequential during meetings, but don’t like to speak up.
- I always present solid work, but I don’t feel [insert person or team here] gets it.
- I have trouble getting decision makers (clients or internal) to buy in on concepts because they can’t envision the finished product without seeing it (i.e., “I don’t know what to tell you, but I’ll know if I’ll like it when I see it.”)
- I feel nervous when presenting my work, so I avoid doing so.
- I just need to get better at presenting my work more confidently.
- I know my stuff, but I’m not communicating it well with clients/colleagues/managers/board members, etc.
- I want to be a better leader for my team, and need advice on how to be more effective.
- My team is not operating at the level I need them to due to internal communication breakdowns or operational inefficiencies.
- My agency needs to do a better job presenting ourselves and our work when pitching new clients.
- I’m an agency leader who is feeling stuck or uninspired.
All I need is 15-to-20 minutes of your time to discuss your challenges and goals to ensure I am a good fit to help.
No charge. No obligation. Let’s do this….
WHAT IF I’M NOT A CREATIVE PRO?
I’ve been in the business world a long time, in several industries. And I’ve helped countless business leaders get their messages heard and understood by their stakeholders.
If you like what you are reading here, but are in a different industry than those I typically serve, let’s talk. Even if I can’t help you over the longer term, I’m sure our chat will be a good use of time for both of us.